Update to Catholic School Families
March 18, 2020
As we continue to monitor COVID-19 and the recommendations of federal and state officials as well as the CDC and Mississippi Department of Health, the following guidelines will be followed:
- All schools will be closed for students the week of March 23-27, 2020. Additional closings will be evaluated on a week to week basis.
- All activities will be cancelled or delayed during the time the school is utilizing distance learning. This includes extracurricular activities and athletics.
- Teachers, staff, and administrators are still working. Distance learning lessons have been prepared for the time the students will be out of school.
- Directions on these lessons will continue to be sent by the principal and/or teacher.
- Principals and teachers will be available via school email for the time the students are out of school.
- We continue to follow the situation and if additional changes are necessary, they will be communicated. This may include possible quarantine guidelines and possible changes to the spring break timeline.
Continue to reach out to neighbors who may be in need during this crisis in any way you can.
Help one another. Pray for your teachers and administrators – they are praying for you. Th is is what our Catholic school community does when faced with adversity.
Thank you for your understanding during this time. Decisions are made after evaluating all
factors and with the safety and security of students, faculty, and staff as our first priority. Please contact me if you have any questions or concerns.
Rhonda P. Clark, PhD
Superintendent of Education